What you’ll learn?
· Explain how object-oriented software engineering enhances the software development process.
· Identify the major elements in an object-oriented programming language.
· Implement the concepts of data abstraction and encapsulation in the creation of abstract data types.
· Implement operator overloading.
· Use inheritance in C++.
· Select the proper class protection mechanism.
· Demonstrate the use of virtual functions to implement polymorphism.
· Write programs utilizing the I/O classes in C++.
· Understand some advanced features of C++ including templates, exceptions, and multiple inheritances.
· Compare the object vs. the procedural approach to writing software.
· Use correct object-oriented terminology.
· Define and use classes in a C++ program.
· Create and use abstract data types.
· Derive classes using inheritance in C++.
· Implement polymorphism by using virtual functions in a program.